Just a few words about this project.

As I said, this all started very innocently. A guy gave me the original pond. It was cracked, I fixed it, it cracked again. As far as I know, I finally got it patched. This is the liner which is now the top of the pond. I guess with the liners, rocks, filters, pumps, Bobcat fuel, the whole nine yards, we spent probably $500. And a lot of blood, sweat, tears, and beers! Now the plants are extra, they live and die, depending on frost and such, so they are kinda ongoing, just like any garden.
I chose to use the hard shell liners, because that's where I started. If I ever (Heaven forbid!)do this again, I will use the rubber mat liners that you see at any home improvement or garden center. I say this because they are flexible, you can form them to any shape you like, and you don't have to worry about kids (or you're drinking buddys!) jumping in and breaking them! It may cost a little more, but I think it will make a better pond. If you want to build one of these, it is well worth the effort. Nothing like coming home, crawling up in the hammock with a cold beverage, and let the sound of the bubbling water carry you away. (Man, I should write greeting cards!)


Water Garden

Back to Cornstalks